A new social website where you can connect and preserve your Colorado history | Arts & Culture
The Denver Public Library (DPL) is pleased to announce the launch of Creating Your Community (CYC) a new interactive website that allows people to share their stories, upload images and create their own community all while preserving Colorado history. This participatory archive was created in collaboration with the Aurora History Museum, Auraria Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library, Colorado Genealogical Society, Douglas County Research Center, Four-Mile Historic Park, History Colorado, Historic Denver, Ira M. & Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Rocky Mountain Jewish History, Penrose Library at the University of Denver, Lakewood Heritage Center, Zion Baptist Church and made possible by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)*.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Women targeted in string of northwest metro Denver robberies
- Elementary school music teacher arrested after alleged slapping, pushing incidents
- State’s 5th largest school district hid millions while cutting services to students?
- Water line break damages Thornton Family Dollar store
- Animal Law Center says Adams Co. deputy in wrong building killed dog