Nominations Now Open for Annual Business Appreciation Awards in Wheat Ridge | Business
Nominations are now open for you to honor the best in Wheat Ridge Business for the City’s 9th Annual Business Appreciation Awards Program. This year you’ll be able to nominate businesses for three categories.
Citizens and businesses are encouraged to nominate Wheat Ridge based businesses in one or more of the following categories:
• Business of the Year - This award recognizes a business that exemplifies the ‘Best in Business’ that represents the values of our community.
• Reinvestment - This award recognizes a business that has demonstrated one or more of the following: made a significant investment in its property, improved the overall appearance of the site, maintained property at the highest standards, or updated their building in a manner to make it more marketable.
• City Council’s Partnership - This award gives the City Council an opportunity to recognize a company for their overall contributions to the City. It incorporates criteria from all award categories as well as contributions in volunteerism, leadership, and community investment/involvement.
Anyone wishing to nominate a Wheat Ridge business for an award this year should go to the Economic Development page of the City’s website at www.ci.wheatridge.co.us to print a nomination form. Forms are also available at City Hall, the Public Library and the Recreation Center. All nominations for the Annual Business Awards Program must be received by Friday, August 31, 2012.
Winners of the 2012 Business Awards will be honored at the 9th Annual Business Appreciation Breakfast to be held October 10, 2012 at the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center. "Our 2011 ceremony was the best
we’ve ever had," said Wheat Ridge Mayor Jerry DiTullio. "I truly believe this was due to the amount of nominations we received from throughout the community. I encourage everyone to nominate a business that should be honored."
Last year’s Business of the Year winner Family Tree, will help present the award to this year’s recipient. "We were truly honored and surprised at our nomination and award." Said Scott Shield, CEO of Family Tree located on 38th Avenue, "Wheat Ridge is a great place to do business and we look forward to honoring our award by providing the best service possible to those in need."
Also on hand to help present the awards will be 2011 winner of the Reinvestment Award, Compass Construction and co-winner modMood; 2011 winner of the Cultural Commission Award Temple Inland; City Council Partnership Award winner myPie Pizza and; the Mayor’s Business & Community Partnership Award winner, the City of Wheat Ridge Parks and Recreation Department.
For all media inquiries, please contact Steve Art, Economic Development Manager at 303-235-2806 or E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top Wheat Ridge Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Women targeted in string of northwest metro Denver robberies
- Elementary school music teacher arrested after alleged slapping, pushing incidents
- State’s 5th largest school district hid millions while cutting services to students?
- Water line break damages Thornton Family Dollar store
- Animal Law Center says Adams Co. deputy in wrong building killed dog