Wheat Ridge's 3rd annual "Hooked on Fishing" program | Events
On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 from 8 am to noon, Wheat Ridge Police Department employees will partner with Colorado Parks and Wildlife (formerly Colorado Division of Wildlife) and Wheat Ridge Parks and Recreation employees to host the 3rd Annual "Hooked on Fishing" event at Prospect Lake in Wheat Ridge.
"Hooked on Fishing" provides and opportunity for kids between the ages of 7-12 years old to learn how to be responsible anglers. Colorado Parks and Wildlife teaches the kids about taking care of and managing Colorado’s aquatic resources and about the species of fish we have in Colorado.
Participants are also provided with a new fishing pole and reel to take home with them, compliments of Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
Participants will meet at the southwest corner of Prospect Lake at 11300 W. 44th Ave., in Wheat Ridge at 8:00 a.m. We ask kids wear sunscreen, a hat and comfortable clothes. Parents are not required to accompany their children.
Pre-registration is required by calling the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center at 303-231-1300. The class is limited to 40 students.
Join the City of Wheat Ridge employees and the Colorado Parks and Wildlife for a day of free fun in the sun!
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Women targeted in string of northwest metro Denver robberies
- Elementary school music teacher arrested after alleged slapping, pushing incidents
- State’s 5th largest school district hid millions while cutting services to students?
- Water line break damages Thornton Family Dollar store
- Animal Law Center says Adams Co. deputy in wrong building killed dog